for Children & Adults
A Martial Arts studio in Redmond, Washington that is a member of the California Aikido Association
Benefits of Aikido
14860 NE 95th St.
Redmond, WA 98052
All are welcome to attend!
- Classes are geared towards adults of all ages and skill levels
- Develop strength and balance
- Build a foundation that gives you the ability to move with both power and grace
- Learn to relax while moving with focus
- Work through past injuries while improving overall health
- Enhance your other activities using the core strength and foundation skills
- Friendly, relaxed, supportive atmosphere!
* * *
Qigong practice typically involves slow flowing movement, deep rhythmic breathing, and a calm meditative state of mind. Qigong is now practiced throughout China and worldwide for recreation, exercise and relaxation, preventive medicine and self-healing, and training for martial arts.
Traditionally, qigong training has been esoteric and secretive, with knowledge passed from adept master to student in lineages that maintained their own unique interpretations and methods. Although the practice of qigong was prohibited in China during the Cultural Revolution of the 1960s; it was once again allowed after 1976, with emphasis shifted away from traditional philosophy, spiritual attainment, and folklore, and increasingly to health benefits, traditional medicine and martial arts applications, and a scientific perspective. Over the same period, interest in qigong has spread, with millions of practitioners worldwide. (Wikipedia.com)